Featured Post

Writing My First Fantasy Book

So, I am writing my first book, and yes, it is a fantasy. I was first inspired to write this book due to a senior year English class writin...

Sunday, January 22, 2017

A New Project

I am in the process of starting a new book, while simultaneously continuing to work on my fantasy novel. The new book will be part of a loosely connected series, of which my other ongoing fantasy book will be a part.
This new project, however, will be appropriate for younger readers, school age and up. The story is shaping up to be both a historical fiction and fantasy, and I am eagerly looking forward to diving into this intriguing project. Currently, I am in the long and tedious process of laying down my groundwork. This involves a substantial amount of research into 1300s Scotland, which was entirely coincidental, as the original idea for the book was a seafaring story. My interest in my ancestry has guided my choice for the area in which the story will begin, and the era being chosen according to its fitting best with the original idea, has led by chance to my decision to tie it all in with the history of the land. As such, this work will most likely evolve into a prequel or trilogy, within the fantasy worlds of my other book.
Think "Discworld" from a Scandinavian mythological perspective!
This is becoming a very exciting writing adventure, and I cannot wait to get the first book finished and ready to share with the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment