As the plot thickens, I am adding lots of new twists to the story, many new turns I didn't expect when I embarked upon this journey. It has definitely been interesting.
The struggle to not become discouraged as I find myself, at times, cutting more than I write, has been one of the biggest obstacles. That, as well as doing the work to set the stage and rearrange the order of events, before I can dive into the fun parts: writing out the scenarios and scenes which have been playing themselves out in my head! It can be extremely tedious and frustrating at times.
However, today, I have enjoyed the rewards of my labours! A lot of hard work has paid off and I was finally able to push the plot along, weaving in the twists and building up a bit of suspense. After breaking up one chapter into two, making some needed cuts and rewriting sections that weren't going to fit with the new plans, I finally got to work on a couple of scenes I've been excited about. These new scenes will help to build up the tension needed to send my characters off on their adventures, or misadventures. It will be fun to see how it all plays out.
Still, I have a very long ways to go, with many more challenges ahead!
Methods that have helped me stay focused and not lose momentum are:
★building upon my basic outline as I go along.
★jotting down ideas in my notes as they come to me, so that I don't forget. Sometimes, I even write out entire scenes as I think of them, saving them to my notes until I am ready to use them.
★if I write something, only to make a change that makes that bit seem incompatible with the new content, rather than delete it right away, I save it to my notes, as I am sometimes able to salvage some scraps or glean a little inspiration from it.
This might all seem very basic, but for me it has been helpful.
To those of you who are taking the time to follow my progress, thank you for reading. Stay tuned for more updates!
No comments:
Post a Comment